CBD Oil (cannabidiol) has currently become one of the most sought after plant medicines and supplements in the natural health and beauty industries. The vast physical, mental and emotional benefits of CBD are unsurpassed, in terms of its range of effectiveness, for a multitude of conditions. CBD oil tinctures, as well as other CBD infused products offer a natural, non-toxic, non-psychoactive alternative to pharmaceutical treatment aids and supplements. For many people, CBD has been instrumental in dramatically improving their lives. Let’s take a look at how CBD oil works, its many benefits and why you might want to give it a try.
CBD And Your Body’s Endocannabinoid System
The Endocannabinoid System, (ECS), is possibly the most important physiologic system, in the body, that is involved in establishing and maintaining human health.
Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body. These receptors are in the brain, organs, connective tissues, immune cells, and glands.
The cannabinoid system performs different tasks in each tissue, however, the goal is always the same: homeostasis, (balance), maintaining a stable internal environment, in spite of external fluctuations.
The cannabinoid receptors that are found throughout the body, embedded in cell membranes, are numerous. Research identifies two main receptors: CB1, mostly present in the nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, organs and glands; and CB2, mostly found in the immune system and its associated structures.
Endocannabinoids are the substances naturally made by our bodies to stimulate these receptors. Ingesting external cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol, (CBD) can also stimulate this receptor activity. It is through this receptor activity that CBD delivers a vast array of benefits.
The Major Benefits of CBD Supplementation
If you look at a list of some of the major benefits of CBD, it is clear that including a daily supplemental dose might reap a myriad of benefits in your life. Keep in mind, this only represents some ‘major’ benefits and there are more being reported and researched consistently, every day.
1. CBD has powerful anti-anxiety properties. CBD activates the 5-HT1A receptors (serotonin pathway) found in high densities in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus and amygdala; all deeply involved in mood and anxiety disorders.
CBD for anxiety disorders is quickly becoming the number one natural treatment of choice. However, since CBD oil is a natural, non-toxic, non-psychoactive compound, when used as a supplement, it provides a natural anxiety and stress reduction in everyday life. It also provides a general mood elevation and feeling of calm, yet enhances motivation. Many people have had tremendous results with CBD for anxiety disorder treatment; however, an increasing number of people are choosing to include CBD oil as a preventative supplement. As the saying goes “ an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”(Benjamin Franklin).
2. CBD oil for pain and chronic pain management has proven to be very effective in research studies as well as in anecdotal evidence. Everyone experiences some level of pain in daily life. From pain associated with working out and athletics to various forms of pain from minor injuries and headaches, CBD is a natural alternative to chemical medications. CBD oil can be taken internally as well as applied topically, which allows for targeted pain management. Powerful CBD pain creams can be used often, throughout the day, without concern for toxicity. Also, dosing internally with CBD oil allows you to safely dose throughout the day, without dangerous side effects.
3. CBD oil is an anti-inflammatory. The power of reducing inflammation in the body cannot be overstated. Inflammation, although it does have a role in healing, when it is chronically elevated in the body, can be the cause of many disorders. CBD’s anti-inflammatory property is one of the main reasons that CBD oil is effective in the treatment and prevention of auto- immune disorders, which have inflammation as a root cause. Therefore, it stands to reason that daily supplementation with CBD oil protects the body from excessive inflammation by keeping the body in homeostasis, (balance).
4. CBD oil for bone health is quite possibly one of the most exciting areas of research with respect to supplementation and prevention. The endocannabinoid system is recognized in a variety of physiological processes, such as pain perception, energy balance, immune responses and more. Recently, it has been shown to play a role in the regulation of bone metabolism. The endogenously (from the body) produced cannabinoids, as well as plant derived cannabinoids, such as CBD, interact with CB1 and CB2 receptors and the GPR55 receptor to regulate cellular function through a variety of pathways. It has been shown that cannabinoids play a key role in bone metabolism. This research has also indicated that there is a possibility of prevention and or reduction of age-related osteoporosis. This has the potential to have a very positive impact on human health and aging.
5. CBD for healthy vibrant skin has taken the beauty industry by storm. CBD infused creams and cosmetics have proven to provide healing for skin disorders, as well as anti-aging protection. Because of the multi-faceted properties of CBD creams and lotions, when applied to the skin, several skin issues can be addressed with one product. CBD Creams have been proven to be a successful treatment for eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
Daily use of CBD rich skin care products has proven to provide a natural, nourishing supplement for your skin. CBD is a powerful antioxidant and is more effective in combating free radicals than both vitamin C and A. This means that CBD provides maximum anti-aging supplementation, along with enhancing toned, smooth, glowing skin.
The above benefits of daily CBD supplementation play a significant role in the basic foundations of human health, (and animal health as well). So, whether you are considering trying CBD for a treatment aid for a disorder or looking for an easy, natural way to improve your health, look no further. CBD just might be the answer to improving your life.
You can read some inspiring CBD success stories here. Also, please share your CBD experiences in the comment section below or email us your story and we will add it to our website! We love to hear from you!